[Mapserver-users] Virtual Spatial Data

we wei mapgisnewbies at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 00:06:20 EST 2004

--0-1805737163-1076043980=:1305

Hi list,

I am working on a problem in connecting ODBC to postgresql from mapserver.  I am using the suggestion from wiki, but i have a question on the tip wiki provided though.

It mentioned that we need to configure the apache by
1.Enable mod_env
2.add lines like: setenv ORACLE_HOME /path/
3.restart apache

I am not quite sure about step 2.  What is the variable ORACLE_HOME and the "path" refer to?  In my case I am using Postgresql, so what should be the environment variable's name ? and what will be the path it is related to ? Will the path mean the folder has the postgresql driver installed or the folder that the postgresql installed ?

Thanks in advance!

--0-1805737163-1076043980=:1305

<DIV>Hi list,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am working on a problem in connecting ODBC to postgresql from mapserver.&nbsp; I am using the suggestion from wiki, but i have a question on the tip wiki provided though.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It mentioned that we need to configure the apache by </DIV>
<DIV>1.Enable mod_env&nbsp;<BR>2.add lines like: setenv ORACLE_HOME /path/&nbsp;<BR>3.restart apache </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am not quite sure about step 2.&nbsp; What is the variable ORACLE_HOME and the "path" refer to?&nbsp; In my case I am using Postgresql, so what should be the environment variable's name ? and what will be the path it is related to ? Will the path mean the folder has the postgresql driver installed or the folder that the postgresql installed ?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks in advance!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>