[Mapserver-users] Recommendations for multiple query of invisible layers.

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Fri Feb 6 18:42:35 EST 2004

Jason -

You should already be using a TILEINDEX to index your orthophotos.
Since your TILEINDEX is a shapefile with a polygon for each ortho, you
can create a separate layer using a DATA statement with the same
shapefile.  Then you can do your spatial query on that layer; you don't
have to display it.

It sounds like you haven't yet discovered TILEINDEX or aren't using it,
however, and you should.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker