[Mapserver-users] jBox error - classnotfoundexception

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Mon Feb 9 13:35:24 EST 2004

Beth Fucile wrote:
> I have installed the jbox applet and followed the instructions in the HOWTO
> document. I tried to implement this with an existing map file, but as a
> result the map is not loading, and instead I get the error message:
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: jBox.class
>
> My form contains the applet reference as:
> <applet
> 	codebase="/java/jBox"
> 	archive="jBox.jar"
> 	code="jBox.class"
> 	width=[mapwidth] height=[mapheight]
> 	name="jBox"
> 	MAYSCRIPT>
> 	<param name="image" value="http://[host][img]">
> </applet>
>
> I've copied the jBox.jar file under my root web tree as referenced above --
> java/jBox/jBox.jar
> What could be the cause of this error?

Everything looks good to me. A couple things you could try:

1. We just started with the .jar files, so I am naturally suspicious
that the problem may be there. So as an alternative, put the jBox.class
and evalThread.class files into java/jBox/ directory instead of
jBox.jar. And remove the archive="jBox.jar" line.

2. Is java/jBox/ accessible from your browser? I quick test would be to
but some file in java/jBox/ and then check that it displays in your
browser. For example, if you put a file named "test.html" in java/jBox/,
then from your browser go to http://localhost/java/jBox/test.html and
verify that you can see it.

Rich

--