[Mapserver-users] Zoom to in a mapserver project

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Feb 11 18:00:59 EST 2004

Attribute queries is 4.x changed from earlier versions. Instead of
altering the filter in the mapfile you basically send them as part of
the CGI request. Try changing the function to:

function findBuilding(inBuilding){
  var aForm = document.forms[0]
  aForm.qstring.value  = inBuilding;
  aForm.qitem.value = 'Bldg_name';

  aForm.mode.value = "itemquery";
  aForm.qlayer.value = "building_query";
  aForm.mapext.value = "shapes";
  aForm.buffer.value = "0.005";
  aForm.submit()
}

and the map file snippet to:

LAYER   # this layer just displays one building when it has been
queried
  NAME "building_query"
  DATA Build
  TYPE  POLYGON
  STATUS OFF
  CLASS
    TEMPLATE "demo.html"        # Use to display map
    #COLOR 255 0 0
    #OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
  END # CLASS
END # LAYER

Steve

>>> "Jean Christophe BARRA" <jcbarra at club-internet.fr> 2/11/2004
12:48:17 PM >>>
Hello,

I come from France and my english is poor, sorry;-)

I have a mapserver project (mapserver4.01) and the first shape (shp
ESRI) is nammed "departements"
(yours counties).
In the map file, his status is default.

I want to propose to users the possibility to zoom to a "departement".

I make a itemquery with mapext=shapes as I have seen in this example :

function findBuilding(inBuilding){
  var aForm = document.forms[0]
  aForm.building.value  = inBuilding;

  aForm.mode.value = "itemquery";
  aForm.qlayer.value = "building_query";
  aForm.mapext.value = "shapes";
  aForm.buffer.value = "0.005";
  aForm.submit()
}

and in my map file -

LAYER   # this layer just displays one building when it has been
queried
  NAME "building_query"
  DATA Build
  TYPE  POLYGON
  STATUS OFF
  FILTERITEM Bldg_name
  FILTER "%building%"
  CLASS
    TEMPLATE "demo.html"        # Use to display map
    #COLOR 255 0 0
    #OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
  END # CLASS
END # LAYER