[Mapserver-users] Mapserver extension for Shift_JIS/Big-5 fonts

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Feb 13 10:16:17 EST 2004

phli wrote:
> Dear Mapserver Developer,
>
> We posted a suggestion a while ago for extending Mapserver for
> showing "Shift_JIS" (japanese) and "Big-5" (traditional chinese) fonts with
> the new GD function:gdImageStringFTEx, instead of gdImageStringFT.
>
> This is to check whether this extension has been made available or not.
> Thank you.

I don't think anything has been done on that front, and I think your
best bet would be to file a bug in the MapServer bugzilla and attach a
small mapfile + dataset and some fonts to test this.

If/when we add this, we'll also have to define a mechanism to specify
the character map to use.  Should this be a mapfile-level parameter, or
a layer-level parameter, or a combination of both?

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca