[Mapserver-users] Security settings for IE 6.0

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Fri Feb 13 10:19:18 EST 2004

Steve McCrone wrote:

> This may not be the right place, and it seems like a simple issue...but
>
> I've installed Windows 2003 Server for my development work with mapserver.
> When i try to run sites that use the jBox I get the message "Your current
> security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a
> result, page may not display properly".
>
> I've tried adjusting the security settings for IE 6.0, but cannot find
> anything much about Java Virtual machine or ActiveX. What i did find about
> ActiveX I allowed for, but still no luck.

Two ways to go about this:

1. In IE; Tools > Internet Options > Security > Internet > Custom Level
     Scripting of Java applets > enable
     Java Permissions > Low Safety
     (possibly other)

2. In IE; Tools > Internet Options > Security > Trusted Sites
     Sites > pasted the URI into the "Add this site" box
     un-check the "Require server verification ..."

--
Richard Greenwood
www.greenwoodmap.com