[Mapserver-users] Finding WMS layers on the internet.

Amit S BEHERE abehere at cs.ucsd.edu
Fri Feb 13 17:29:05 EST 2004

Hi all,
I am trying to find WMS services that show maps of Southern California (or
anywhere in the US for that matter) to include in a MapServer demo. So I
basically need some URLs to
which I can issues GetCapabilities and getMap requests and get back XML
(in case of getcapabilities) or maps (getmap request).I am particularly
interested in Weather maps (clouds etc). Can anyone point me in the right
direction ? I tried looking on the internet, however I found sophisticated
mapservices. I am not interested in the interface or anything. I want to
send raw getmap and getcapabilities requests.

Thanks in advance.

Amit Behere.
UCSD.
"Technology doesn't make your life more difficult or easy, it just changes
the rules"......Vishwanathan Anand