[Mapserver-users] OGR not found in system libs...

Ray Ward ray.ward at mapfusion.com
Tue Feb 17 16:32:58 EST 2004

Hi, I am trying to compile/install Mapserver 4.0.1 on a Solaris 8 (sparc)
machine. I have all of the dependecy's installed. But right now the
mapserver configure script seems to be having a problem with the OGR
Libraries. Below I've posted the configure options and the output, but as
far as I can tell GDAL and OGR are installed properly. I get an "OGR not
found in system libs" error, is this a case of an environment variable
missing or perhaps I should be passing another option to the configure
script? any help would be appreciated..

Ray,

GDAL with OGR support seems to be working?..here's the command line...

# /usr/local/bin/gdal-config --ogr-enabled
yes

Include headers and Libraries:

# ls /usr/local/lib/ | grep -i ogr
ogr.a
ogrsf_frmts.a
# ls /usr/local/include | grep -i ogr
ogr_api.h
ogr_core.h
ogr_feature.h
ogr_featurestyle.h
ogr_geometry.h
ogr_p.h
ogr_spatialref.h
ogr_srs_api.h
ogrsf_frmts.h

Configure Options:

./configure \
--prefix=/export/home/mapserver \
--with-jpeg=/usr/local \
--with-zlib=/usr/local \
--with-png=/usr/local \
--with-tiff=/usr/local \
--with-proj=/usr/local \
--with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config \
--with-ogr \     # I've also tried specifing path to the gdal-config but
same thing
--with-postgis=/opt/pgsql/bin/pg_config \
--with-ming=/usr/local \
--with-wfs \
--with-wmsclient \
--with-wfsclient \
--with-curl-config=/opt/TWWfsw/bin \
--with-httpd=/usr/apache/bin \
--with-php=/usr/local

Configure Output:

checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking for c++... (cached) c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) is a cross-compiler... yes
checking whether we are using GNU C++... (cached) yes
checking whether c++ accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking for ranlib... (cached) :
checking for flex... (cached) flex
checking for yywrap in -lfl... (cached) yes
checking for bison... (cached) bison -y
checking if compiler supports -R... (cached) yes
checking for exp in -lm... (cached) yes
checking for __gxx_personality_v0 in -lstdc++... (cached) yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for strcasecmp... (cached) yes
checking for strncasecmp... (cached) yes
checking for strdup... (cached) yes
checking whether we should include JPEG support...
        using libjpeg from system -L/usr/local/lib -ljpeg
checking where FreeType 2.x is installed...
checking for FT_Init_FreeType in -lfreetype... yes
        using libfreetype -lfreetype from system libs.
checking where Zlib is installed...
        using libz from -L/usr/local/lib -lz
checking where PNG is installed...
        using libpng from -L/usr/local/lib -lpng
checking where libXpm is installed...
checking for XpmFreeXpmImage in -lXpm... yes
        using libXpm from system libs.
checking where libiconv is installed...
checking for libiconv_open in -liconv... yes
        using libiconv from system libs.
checking for GD 2.0.12 or higher...
checking for gdImageSetAntiAliased in -lgd... no
checking whether GD needs libiconv...
checking for gdImageSetAntiAliased in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageSetAntiAliased in -lgd... (cached) yes
        using libgd 2.0.12 (or higher) from system libs
(-L/usr/local/lib -lgd -L/usr/local/lib -ljpeg -lfreetype -L/usr/local/lib -
lpng -L/usr/local/lib -lz -lXpm -lX11 -liconv).
checking for gdImageCreate in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageGif in -lgd... no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageJpeg in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageWBMP in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageStringFT in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageGifPtr in -lgd... no
        using GD ( -DUSE_GD_PNG -DUSE_GD_JPEG -DUSE_GD_WBMP -DUSE_GD_FT)
from system libs.
checking whether we should include PDF support...
checking for PDF_setlinewidth in -lpdf... no
checking for PDF_setrgbcolor in -lpdf... no
checking for PDF_moveto in -lpdf... no
checking for PDF_curveto in -lpdf... no
checking for PDF_show_xy in -lpdf... no
        libpdf not found... PDF support not included.
checking whether we should include TIFF support...
        using libtiff from -L/usr/local/lib -ltiff.
checking whether we should include EPPL7 support...
        including EPPL7 support.
checking whether we should include PROJ.4 support...
checking for pj_transform in -lproj... yes
checking for pj_latlong_from_proj in -lproj... yes
        using PROJ.4 from /usr/local.
checking whether we should include thread safe support...
        thread safe support disabled.
checking whether we should include ESRI SDE support...
        ESRI SDE support not requested.
checking whether we should compile in MPATROL support...
        MPATROL support not requested.
checking whether we should include OGR support...
checking for gdal-config... /usr/local/bin/gdal-config
checking for OGRRegisterAll in -lgdal.1.1... no
configure: warning:         OGR not found in system libs...
use --with-ogr=DIR.
checking if GDAL support requested... yes, user supplied gdal-config
(/usr/local/bin/gdal-config)
checking if PostGIS support requested... yes, user supplied pg_config
checking if MyGIS support requested... no
checking if OracleSpatial support requested... no
checking if MING/Flash support requested... yes, user supplied MING
directory
./configure: -lming: not found
checking whether we should include WMS Server support...
        OGC WMS compatibility enabled (-DUSE_WMS_SVR).
checking whether we should include WFS Server support...
configure: error: OGC WFS Server support cannot be enabled: missing OGR
which is required).

_______________________________
Ray Ward
IT Technician
MapFusion Technologies Inc.
http://www.mapfusion.com
_______________________________
NOTICE:
which it is addressed; and it, including any attachments, may contain
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete
it from your system without copying or forwarding it and notify us by
telephone (905-709-1925) or by return e-mail immediately. MapFusion Corp.
and its affiliated companies do not accept responsibility or liability for
any loss or damage arising in any way from your receipt or use or for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this communication.