[Mapserver-users] Mouse Over

Attila Csipa plists at prometheus.org.yu
Wed Feb 18 03:11:57 EST 2004

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 22:54, Alexander Pucher wrote:
> It seems to work at the first sight, but when you click on one of the
> polygons, no windows appears. If you look at the source code of the
> page, you will see that no argument 'p' is handed over to the javascript
> function.

Clicking is not yet functional (tooltips were the 'primary target'), it is far
more efficient to use a regular imagemap and then query it from mapscript for
the click coordinates than have the whole thing transferred as a client side
imagemap.

> Regarding my poor C/C++ knowledge, I had a look at the mapimagmap.c file
> in the mapserver source code and figured out, that 'p' refers to the
> shpObj.

Yes, the tricky part is that the imagemap code lives at the output level, and
outputs generally do not use higher level information (no need for knowing
which shape does a certain line belong to). This code is very much 'in
progress', to say the least.