[Mapserver-users] OGR not found in system libs...

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Feb 18 16:07:19 EST 2004

Ray Ward wrote:

> Yes I am running this on a 64-bit Solaris 8 (sparc) box. And yes your link
> is working for me now, I tried that configure script and it's the same as
> what I've got now from the last nightly build....any other ideas? or a way
> to test the 64-bit theory?....anything else I can provide that would be
> useful?
>

>>"can you check that you have libgdal.so somewhere and that OGR is
>
> enabled?"
>
> I'll give you some command line output that hopefully answers this...GDAL
> was installed from gdal-cvs-040217.tar
>
> # /usr/local/bin/gdal-config --ogr-enabled
> yes
> # ls /usr/local/lib | grep -i gdal
> gdal.a
> libgdal.1.1.so
> libgdal.a
> libgdal.la
> libgdal.so
> libgdal.so.1
> libgdal.so.1.1.9
> # ls /usr/local/include | grep -i gdal
> gdal.h
> gdal_alg.h
> gdal_frmts.h
> gdal_priv.h
> gdalwarper.h
> # ls /usr/local/bin | grep -i gdal
> gdal-config
> gdal_contour
> gdal_translate
> gdaladdo
> gdalinfo
> gdaltindex
> gdalwarp

Well, everything looks normal except that configure doesn't see
OGRRegisterAll in libgdal.so.

Can you check in the config.log and look for the part that tests for
OGR.  If it had passed you would have had something like this:

------------
configure:7550: checking whether we should include OGR support......
configure:7566: checking for gdal-config
configure:7584: found /usr/local/bin/gdal-config
configure:7597: result: /usr/local/bin/gdal-config
configure:7616: checking for OGRRegisterAll in -lgdal
configure:7647: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lgdal   -lm
-lstdc++  -L/usr/local/lib -lgdal >&5
configure:7650: $? = 0
configure:7653: test -s conftest
configure:7656: $? = 0
configure:7668: result: yes
configure:7741: result:         OGR enabled (-L/usr/local/lib -lgdal).

What do you get?  Maybe the error messages will give us a hint?  Maybe
we're missing the "-L/usr/local/lib" for some reason in line 7647.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca