[Mapserver-users] processLegendTemplate

Rene Teniere tenierer at gov.ns.ca
Thu Feb 19 09:28:59 EST 2004

Thank you, that helps a lot. Now if I could only get to work since we
have about half a metre of snow here in Nova Scotia!

Rene

Rene J.R. Teniere - BSc., D.GIS
GIS Technician
Nova Scotia Department of Natural Resources
Forestry Division (GIS) - Truro

Phone: (902) 893-5655
Mobile: (902) 209-8956
Rene Teniere wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering if someone could explain how the
> processLegendTemplate() function works. I have an existing MapServer
> legend template I would like to use (legend_template.html). How would
> go about using it along with the $legend = $map->drawLegend(); and
> $legend_url = $legend->saveWebImage();? What do they mean by the
results
> in a buffer?

processLegendTemplate() is for HTML templates only. You need to set
TEMPLATE legend_template.html in your mapfile (or via mapscript), and
then you call processLegendTemplate() which will return you a string
buffer (HTML) of the legend that's been generated.  You can then print
that HTML in your script output at the position where you want the
legend to go.

With respect to $map->drawLegend(), it's for the traditional GIF legend
and doesn't do anything with the HTML templates.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca