[Mapserver-users] Bread and Butter

scoota at supanet.com scoota at supanet.com
Fri Feb 20 08:50:34 EST 2004

Hi All,

I'm sure this is bread and butter to all the UNIX gurus, but it would save a lot of head scratching on my part. This relates back to a problem I had installing MapServer on a Solaris. The suggested fix was to ensure the GNU tools were used in the make. Some details were given about this but I'm still a little unclear. For instance, how do I change the search path / environment variable. Using setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH = mypath was mentioned somewhere. I'm told setenv is a command in the C shell, however, I'm set up to use bash. Is there an equivalent in bash? Also mentioned was changing the .bashrc file - where will I find this file?

Thanks for any help offered.

Keith

--
Message sent with Supanet E-mail