[Mapserver-users] History of Mapserver

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Feb 20 15:37:28 EST 2004

It began *officially* in 1997 with version 1.0. That version was used
in-house on a project called ForNet (http://www.gis.umn.edu/fornet).
Version 2.0 was released in 1998 to the public but was only in use in
Minnesota (at the UMN and at the Department of Natural Resources) and in
Australia. I released 3.0 in 1999/2000 sometime and shortly after that
Dan and the folks at DMSolutions came on board, as did other
developers.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Sebastian Albrecht <api at justapi.de> 2/20/2004 3:00:54 AM >>>
Hello,

I am interested in history of the UMN Mapserver. When did it start?
What was the first official version? Who had the idea?

I would like to add that information to my internship report.

Regards,
Sebastian