[Mapserver-users] WMS client - multiple entries in "wms_srs"

Havard Tveite havard.tveite at nlh.no
Wed Feb 25 04:45:32 EST 2004

Using recent versions of Mapserver CVS, Proj.4, ... I am a little
confused as to the the use of "wms_srs" in the METADATA of a WMS-layer.

LAYER
   CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
   METADATA
   "wms_srs" "EPSG:4326 EPSG:32633 EPSG:27394 EPSG:4267 EPSG:4269"

It seems to me that the first entry on the "wms_srs" list is
always choosen by Mapserver when doing the WMS request.

I thought that the point of having a list in "wms_srs" was that
Mapserver could choose among these projections depending on the
projection of the output map.
This way, raster reprojection could in many cases be avoided,
producing nicer output maps.

What is the point of having a list of projections in "wms_srs"?
Is it for future use?

--
Håvard Tveite
Department of Mathematical Sciences and Technology