[Mapserver-users] scale query

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Feb 25 09:24:31 EST 2004

Daniel,

If you data is in lat/long, then I think you probably want your units
to be DD as lat/longs usually expressed in decimal degrees.

-Steve W.

On 25 Feb 2004 at 13:46, Mills, Daniel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am querying map->sclae and getting back funny results.  Can anybody help.
>
> i am using mapserver 4.2 with mapscript. When i zoom to the extents of the
> uk (-7.000 49.000 3.000 59.000) i get a scale of 47.24412.  I have set my
> map projection to lat/long, the data is held in Oracle Spatial SRID=null.
> map units have been set to METERS.  I have set all of my layers to lat/long
> and units m.
>
> Does anybody have any ideas as to why this is the case?
> Thanks
> Daniel

> Visit our websites www.wrcplc.co.uk, www.wrcnsf.com and www.nsf.org, as well as www.waterportfolio.com for collaborative research projects.
>
> The Information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by any other party is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken in reliance on information contained in this e-mail
is prohibited and maybe unlawful. When addressed to WRc clients, any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing WRc client Agreement.