[Mapserver-users] Mapscript doesn't write map file in expected order!

Xiaoyuan Geng gengx at agr.gc.ca
Thu Feb 26 13:12:15 EST 2004

The map file updated from the PHP mapscript is expected to be readable
with WMS clients or viewers such as Intergraph's WMSVIEWER. The segment
of the METADATA produced from the script is not well ordered and the map
file is not valid for the WMS viewers. After I rearrange the order and
get ride of the tabs manually, everything works fine. That is why this
issue matters in my case. Also the PHP mapscripts add more unwanted
segments such as "scalebar" and "querymap". However I might overlooked
some other bugs from side.

Thanks!

Shawn

Xiaoyuan Geng wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am using PHP Mapscript to add more METADATA contents to a map
file.
> It seems that Mapscript resorts the contents of METADATA members
before
> I same the map file. Also mapscript adds tab instead of one space
> between the name and the content. Any way to fix this problem? Below
is
> the example:
>
> Expected order:
>                 $myMap->setMetaData("wms_title", "GDAS Geolinking
> Map");
> 	$myMap->setMetaData("wfs_title", "GDAS Geolinking Map");
> 	$myMap->setMetaData( "wms_onlineresource",$strWMS_WFS );
> 	$myMap->setMetaData( "wfs_onlineresource",$strWMS_WFS
> );
> 	$myMap->setMetaData( "wms_srs",SERVER_PROJECTIONS );
> 	$myMap->setMetaData( "wfs_srs",SERVER_PROJECTIONS );
> 	$myMap->setMetaData( "wms_feature_info_mime_type","text/html"
> );
>
> Mapscript output:
>
>         "wms_srs"	"EPSG:4269 EPSG:42304 EPSG:42101 EPSG:4326
> EPSG:26907"
>         "wms_onlineresource"	"myserver/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=map file
> name"
>         "wms_title"	"GDAS Geolinking Map"
>         "wms_feature_info_mime_type"	"text/html"
>         "wfs_srs"	"EPSG:4269 EPSG:42304 EPSG:42101 EPSG:4326
> EPSG:26907"
>         "wfs_title"	"AAFC GDAS Geolinking Map"
>         "wfs_onlineresource"	"myserver/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=map file
> name"

Shawn,

Why should this matter?  My understanding is that there is no
significants
to the metadata item order. Also, whats wrong with emitting a tab as
the
spacer?  It still reads and parses as a map file properly, right?

Best regards,
warmerdam at pobox.com
and watch the world go round - Rush    | Geospatial Programmer for
Rent