[Mapserver-users] Can binary release of MapServer 4.0 for Windows able to manage ECW raster files?

Mario Servin mservin at tecnoaccion.com.ar
Thu Feb 26 17:12:21 EST 2004

Hi everybody. I am using   MapServer 4.0 and was able to manage shape and
gif input formats. I failed to generate a layer with a ECW input file. More
surprisingly I got no error. I just get a blank image!!!. I downloaded
MapServer 4.0 binary realase but still i am not sure if it is prepared for
managing this input format as the documentation I found did not refer to
this version. If it (as I guess) can not manage ECW files, can anybody poitn
me to a binary version for Windows that can? Thanks in advance.
By the way here's my .map file, still it is possible I am missing something:
#
# Start of map file
#
NAME DEMO
STATUS ON
SIZE 600 600
EXTENT 160597.5 6402017.5 500004 6682201
UNITS METERS
SHAPEPATH "Bariloche"
IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255

# you may need to change this to match your MapServer build
IMAGETYPE GIF

#
# Start of web interface definition (including WMS enabling metadata)
#
WEB
  HEADER demo_header.html
  TEMPLATE demo.html
  FOOTER demo_footer.html
  MINSCALE 1
  MAXSCALE 16000000000
  IMAGEPATH "set in demo_init.html"
  IMAGEURL "set in demo_init.html"
  METADATA
    WMS_TITLE "UMN MapServer Itasca Demo"
    WMS_ABSTRACT "This is the UMN MapServer demonstration application for
Itasca County located in north central Minnesota."
    WMS_ACCESSCONSTRAINTS none

    # change this value to match your setup
    WMS_ONLINERESOURCE "http://mariolaptop/MyPages/itasca/demo_init.html"

    WMS_SRS "EPSG:26915"
  END
END

#
# Start of legend
#
LEGEND
  KEYSIZE 18 12
  LABEL
    TYPE BITMAP
    SIZE MEDIUM
    COLOR 0 0 89
  END
  STATUS ON
END

#
# Start of scalebar
#
SCALEBAR
  IMAGECOLOR 0 0 0
  LABEL
    COLOR 255 255 255
    SIZE MEDIUM
  END
  STYLE 1
  SIZE 300 10
  COLOR 255 255 255
  UNITS KILOMETERS
  INTERVALS 5
  TRANSPARENT TRUE
  STATUS TRUE
END

#
# Start of symbol definitions (we're only using a few)
#
SYMBOL
  NAME 'circle'
  TYPE ELLIPSE