[Mapserver-users] Error in TIGER to shp conversion !!!!

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Feb 27 10:06:49 EST 2004

Dharani Babu wrote:

> here shp is the folder I want the translated shape files to be in . But
> I got the errors
>
> Error 6: Can't Create fields of type IntegerList on shapefil layers
> Error 1 : Attempt to write feature without geometry not supported for
> shapefile driver
> Error 1 : terminating translation prematurely after failed translation
> of layer Landmarks
> I checked the /shp folder and found that the following files are in ..

Did you try using the -skipfailures option?  With that option, if
ogr2ogr encounters a feature that the target format won't accept, then
it just skips it and moves on to the next instead of producing a fatal
error.

Note that you may have to check the TIGER docs to find out which layers
contain the data that you really need and just concentrate on them.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca