[Mapserver-users] mapserver - PHP/mapscript question

Alexandre Vicq av at nocive.com
Sun Feb 29 07:23:38 EST 2004

Hello,

I'm posting here after days of search everywhere :)
I hope this is the correct place to post. If not I apologize by
advance.

1) I'm newbie in geographic / map questions.

2) I'm trying to use PHP/Mapscript. To understand better, I installed
   maplab, too.

3) my problem is to make work the "purple europe" example. But it seems
   to be missing files (europe.shp, europe.dbx, europe.shx).

   I used maplab to copy and paste data from tutorial/data dir. In
   fact I displayed Canada map, but it works

   I should missed something with this europe data.

   - Where can I find them ?
   - are this maps software generated ?
   - Can I find easily the whole world ? America, Asia ?
   - Can I use my own maps ?

If I'm wrong with the way I'm expecting to find this data, could you
give me an URL where this point is precisely described.

I thank you by advance

--
Best regards,
 Alexandre                    Courriel : map at nocive.com