[Mapserver-users] (no subject)

Mike Reilly mikereilly_7 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 02:37:37 EST 2004

>From: "Mike Reilly" <mikereilly_7 at hotmail.com>
>To: mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
>Subject: [Mapserver-users] (no subject)
>Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 21:35:10 -0800
>
>I'm setting up a new server for my partner on his laptop so he can show
>clients our progress to date, but I'm having some problems getting things
>going.  I've previously set up my test server and his old laptop with no
>problems.
>
>Environment: Windows XP, Apache 2.0.48 from binary, Mapserver 4.0 from
>binary.  I have also set up mysql and php, but they aren't involved in the
>errors.  I've edited both the itasca test site and my own application to
>match the environment of the new server.  The mysql and php portions of the
>application are working fine (except the parts that require the mapserver
>enabled page to send a siteid to them).  I tested the mapfile configuration
>by using "shp2img -m c:\program files\apache
>group\apache2\Kitasoo\tus2-1.map -o test.png and it produced an image in
>the Kitasoo directory.
>
>Here's the error I receive when opening the map page:
>Internal Server Error
>The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable
>to complete your request
>
>The apache log contains the following:
>[Sun Jan 04 21:17:35 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of
>script headers: mapserv.exe, referer: http://localhost/kitasoo/
>
>I can't find any other error sources.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Ok, turned out that Windows XP wasn't reading it's PATH variable properly or
something.  I double and triple checked the PATH variable, and it checked
out perfectly (even echoed it to make sure it was correct).  However,
copying the dll's to the cgi-bin directory got things working properly.

Strange, very strange.