[Mapserver-users] How do i display only the points i want? (PHP/Mapscript)

Eric Bridger eric at gomoos.org
Mon Jan 5 09:52:30 EST 2004

Ed,
Sorry I don't have a php example but I do have a perl example which
illustrates the basic idea, which is to read the shapefile in a loop and
draw the points yourself in php mapscript.

my $input_town_id = 345;
my $layer = $map->getLayerByName('all_towns');
$layer->{status} = $mapscript::MS_ON;

my $shpfile = new mapscript::shapefileObj($layer->{data}, -1);
if($shpfile){
    my $dbfile = $layer->{data} . '.dbf';
    my $hDBF = new XBase "$dbfile" or warn XBase->errstr;
    my $shape = new mapscript::shapeObj($mapscript::MS_POINT);
    my $numshapes = $shpfile->{numshapes};
    for my $i (0 .. $numshapes - 1){
        my $ret = $shpfile->get($i, $shape);
        if($ret != -1){
            my $town_id = ($hDBF->get_record_nf($i, 0))[1] or warn
$hDBF->errstr . "\n";
            if($town_id eq $input_town_id){
           	 my $class = $layer->getClass(0);
           	 # you could set class attributes here.
           	 $shape->draw($map, $layer, $img, undef);
            }
        }
    } # end for numshapes
    $hDBF->close();