[Mapserver-users] WFS support

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Mon Jan 5 19:54:54 EST 2004

In MapServer OGC:WFS (v4.0), BBOX works like this:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv-4.0?map=/home/httpd/html/prototypes/ec/msc/
config.map&version=1.0.0&service=WFS&request=GetFeature&typename=stn_info&bb
ox=-120,50,-118,51

As for Filter, the forthcoming release of MapServer will support Filter
Encoding (is it already in CVS?), so you should be able to pull off queries
like:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv-4.0?map=/home/httpd/html/prototypes/ec/msc/
config.map&version=1.0.0&service=WFS&request=GetFeature&typename=stn_info&bb
ox=-120,50,-118,51&filter=<Filter><PropertyIsEqualTo><PropertyName>Street</P
ropertyName><Literal>myhouseaddr%20blvd</Literal></PropertyIsEqualTo></Filte
r>

Now, I'm not sure whether spatial filtering will still be supported by the
BBOX parameter, or as a GML element in Filter, or both.  Perhaps the DM
Solutions folks can clarify to what extent Filter will be supported.

Thanks

..Tom

Tom Kralidis
Systems Scientist