[Mapserver-users] OT: Macs for development...

Zak James zak-ms at hoppsan.org
Tue Jan 6 18:16:30 EST 2004

Hi Steve,

I've been using macs for mapserver-related work for about 18 months or
so. I find most unix stuff can be made to work, and all your common
tools are available, but be prepared to do some extra work building
things: OS X is mostly BSD, but it has a lot of weird wrinkles. There
are some nice GUI tools built on top of the standard versions of gcc,
gdb, cvs, and most other things you would expect to find.

As an added bonus, Mapserver does build out of the box!

zak
--
Zak James
Applications and Software Development