[Mapserver-users] OT: Macs for development...

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Tue Jan 6 21:34:48 EST 2004

Steve,

No problems here with OS X.  A year ago there were configuration
problems with PROJ4, and GDAL, but these have been resolved.

One quirk is that the Apple linker is more strict about multiply
defined symbols.  On Linux and Windows I had built GD and GDAL
libs, each with JPEG and zlib, and then linked mapserv with these.
The mulitple symbols were silently ignored.  OS X complains loudly
and you'll need to learn about DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE :(

cheers,
Sean