[Mapserver-users] Re: OT: Macs for development...

pkishor_98 pkishor at geoanalytics.com
Wed Jan 7 13:59:10 EST 2004

--- In mapserver-users at yahoogroups.com, "Steve Lime" <steve.lime at d...>
wrote:
> Hi Folks: Anyone out there using macs as a development box? I'm looking
> to replace my current machine and drawn to the PowerBooks. I know that
> with the underlying UNIX guts you should be able to build MapServer, but
> I'm wondering if other folks are routinely using os x with cvs, gdb, gcc
> and other developer tools. Thanks for any opinions...
>
> Steve

dareisay... welcome to the bright side.

oh. and I also have an old(er) powerbook for sale ;-)

More to the topic. Sean and Zak have said it all. Mapserver works
brilliantly esp. with Perl. PHP dynamic linking used to give me some
headaches, and then I just decided to mostly not mess with PHP.

Puneet.