[Mapserver-users] 500 Server Error - Log: Premature end of script headers

Till Adams adams at terrestris.de
Wed Jan 7 08:47:07 EST 2004

Dear Eric,

I  guess it's the same problem, we ran in several month ago - I've
posted the following some days ago to another person, dealing with the
same problem:

I guess you have to re-read your ld.so.conf table, probably you'll find
it in /etc. Apache does not find all the required librares for running umn.

There are two ways to go:
1. Edit the file ld.so.conf and add the line
/usr/lib

Then restart your server or run '/sbin/ldconfig'

2.
Run the command
'/sbin/ldconfig /usr/local'

(Both as 'root')

If you choose way 2 please remember, that you'll have to give this
command every time you restart your server.

Hope that helps
Till

Eric Pocher schrieb:
> Hi All,
>
>  i complied the mapserver successfully. if I execute the file in the shell I
> get the message:
> "This script can only be used to decode from results and should be initiated
> as a CGI process via a httpd server."
>
> So I think the mapserv-file is allright. but if I open the file from a
> browser directly without any parameters, I should get the message "No query
> information to decode. QUERY_STRING not set.", but the 500 INERNAL SERVER
> ERROR returned.
> The logfile says:
> "Premature end of script headers."
>
> Is there any error in the mapserv-file or in the conig of the webserver.
>
> Server OS: Suse Linux 8
> Webserver: Apache 1.3
>
> Eric

NEU +++ NEU +++ NEU +++ NEU

    AveiN! ist Open Source
Lizensiert unter der GNU GPL

-----

Dipl. Geogr. Till Adams
terrestris, Paulsen&Adams GbR
Siemensstr. 8 * 53121 Bonn
Tel.: 0228 962 899 52 * Fax.: 0228 962 899 57
info at terrestris.de * www.terrestris.de