[Mapserver-users] Query template - Extract: Layer Class Name

Julien, Heryk hjulien at nrcan.gc.ca
Wed Jan 7 09:56:08 EST 2004

Hi,
Here is the context. I've integrated Mapserver in Coldfusion (Macromedia web
server) and I'm using session variables to manage Mapserver requests.

For example when I query a feature on a map, a Mapserver query or WMS query
string is dynamically generated by coldfusion (depending on source of the
layer) and sent directly to the server giving the MapService. In the present
case a query is sent to Mapserver. Mapserver receives the request and sends
a query response in html using the query template specified in the mapfile.

What i would like to do is include the features legend symbol and
description in the query response. This will permit me to have a query
response which will include the queried feature shapefile dbf info and
corresponding legend description (legende image, layer name, class name...).

Users will be able to relate legend elements and query features and make
sure they have selected the desired featured.

I've tried integrating the following tags in the query template without
success.

[map_layer_class_name]
[map_layer_name]

[leg_layer_html]
[leg_layer_name]
[/leg_layer_html]

[leg_class_html]
[leg_class_name]
[/leg_class_html]

They are not interpreted. The only tags interpreted are the ones fetching
information in my dbf.

Do you have other suggestions.

Thanks for the help.
Heryk