[Mapserver-users] Web server virtual directory and Mapserver

nicolas.fortin at ec.gc.ca nicolas.fortin at ec.gc.ca
Wed Jan 7 10:56:24 EST 2004

Hi list,

I have mapserver running perfectly on my workstation in the
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cgi-bin directory (Windows 2000 + IIS)

On the server, mapserv.exe is in D:\wwwroot\cgi-bin (a virtual directory)

If I try this URL
(http://theserver/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=mapserver\map1.map) where map1.map
is in the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mapserver\ directory

While I run the page, I use filemon.exe to log file access.

Result on my workstation:
-The map appear
-mapserver search the map1.map file in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mapserver\  (from
filemon.exe)
So mapserver search the map file relative to the web server root, good!

Result on the server:
-msLoadMap(): Unable to access file. (mapserver\map1.map)
-mapserver search the map1.map file in D:\wwwroot\cgi-bin\mapserver\  (from
filemon.exe)
So mapserver search the map file relative to the directory where mapserv.exe
is ... Weird!

Why?
Will I have to put the complete path of the map file in the map= parameter??

Nicolas Fortin
Mathématicien, Programmeur, Analyste de données
SMC-Québec Hydrologie, Environnement Canada
1141, Rte de l'Église, Sainte-Foy(QC) G1V 4H5
(418)648-2516
nicolas.fortin at ec.gc.ca <mailto:nicolas.fortin at ec.gc.ca>