[Mapserver-users] Server load statistics

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Thu Jan 8 08:49:20 EST 2004

Palle -

Obviously the "server load" equation depends on a number of variables, not simply the number of maps (e.g. how large are the maps, what data sources are involved, how many layers, rendering options, reprojection on the fly, etc.)

However, TopoZone runs entirely on MapServer and certainly produces well over 3 million maps a month for ourselves and for our customers, including raster data, vector data, and many combinations of the two.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com