[Mapserver-users] WMS BBOX vs. Actual Bounds

Ian Turton ian at geography.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jan 8 10:55:37 EST 2004

At 09:20 08/01/2004 -0500, Ed McNierney wrote:
>Ian -
>
>How is it possible to honor all parameters when they are not consistent?

You have different scales in the X and Y directions.

>I certainly understand the need to deal with unusual output devices as
>you describe, but it is not very difficult for the client to address
>that situation.

It is difficult for the client to deal with if it asks for the image to be
distorted but the one it gets back isn't. Mapserver should respect the WMS
spec on this point (at least in wms mode).

Ian

Ian Turton, Director, Centre for Computational Geography, University of
Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT
http://www.geog.leeds.ac.uk/people/i.turton http://www.ccg.leeds.ac.uk
http://www.geotools.org
+44 (0) 113 343 3392 fax: +44 (0) 113 343 3308