[Mapserver-users] Re: Expression parser error

Leah Roderman elrod at oaktownunderground.com
Thu Jan 8 12:10:21 EST 2004

Aha, that would be it:

$: ogrinfo -ro -where 'ZIPL > 94600 AND ZIPL < 94700' data/tgr06001lkA.shp tgr06001lkA
INFO: Open of `data/tgr06001lkA.shp'
using driver `ESRI Shapefile' successful.
ERROR 1: Attempt to use STRING field `ZIPL' with numeric comparison `>'.

So, rather than using one query to display all geometry objects as a single layer, I should create multiple layers, each displaying the object of a matching (zip code) string.