[Mapserver-users] WFS and ETRS89

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jan 8 14:58:29 EST 2004

Bart van den Eijnden wrote:

> is it possible to have a Mapserver Web Feature Server operate on a
> shapefile which is in the ETRS89 coordinate system, and then have it
> generate GML with the X,Y,Z values?
>
> I see there is currently no entry for ETRS89 in the EPSG file delivered
> with Mapserver (ETRS89 has afaik EPSG code 4346).
>
> Is it just a matter of adding the parameters and then it will work?

You'll have to define EPSG:4346 in your epsg file. I don't think you'll
be able to get MapServer to use EPSG:4346 without a definition in the
epsg file.

I don't know why it's not already there if you say that it's listed by
EPSG, maybe Frank would know (since he's the PROJ4 maintainer). BTW, it
might help him to know in which version of the EPSG database you found
that code.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca