[Mapserver-users] mouse coordinates displayed

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Fri Jan 9 06:33:53 EST 2004

Steve McCrone wrote:

> I am working with the "DHTML rubber band box" sample, found at  -
>   http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/mapserver_demos/workshop
>
>  I wish to have the mouse coordiantes (in the projection of the shape
> file) displayed when the user moves the mouse around.
>

> Thanks

Hi,
you can have a look at how it has been done in the Mapbender Client
Suite at http//wms.ccgis.de
It is implemented in PHP an JavaScript and can be downloaded at
SourceForge. Beware that as Palle has said it only works correct for
projected SRS where the client can calculate coordinates without the
need to run it throuhg a projection library.

Arnulf.