[Mapserver-users] MapInfo to Mapserver with additional data from MySQL

Flavio Hendry flavio at tydac.ch
Wed Jan 14 05:52:10 EST 2004

Hi Roland
> 1. We need to be able to take the maps from MapInfo and get them into
> a format that can be handled by Mapserver.  Is this possible, and if
> so, what is the best way to do it?

You can directly use the MapInfo Format via OGR.

MAP-File Snippet:
LAYER
	NAME "waedenswil_poi"
	TYPE POINT
	MINSCALE 0
	MAXSCALE 2000
	SYMBOLSCALE 4000
	STATUS OFF #OFF
	CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
	CONNECTION "..\data\poi\waedenswil_poi.TAB"
		CLASS
			COLOR 255 0 0
			TEMPLATE ttt.htm
		END # Class section
END

> 2. We need to be able to plot OS Grid Points stored in the MySQL
> database onto the maps when they are produced in MapServer.  (Is it
> possible to do this, or does map server only display data from the
> MapInfo export?)

you should be able to create the point from MySQL ...

> Will it be possible to achieve the required solution with the
> technology available?

definitely ...

Kind regards,
Flavio