[Mapserver-users] mapscript: queryByPoint() returns no results

Christoph Spoerri spoerri at duke.edu
Thu Jan 15 11:37:43 EST 2004

Hi there,

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong this time. I'm trying to query a polygon
layer with a point. Yet, for some reason I only receive a 'No records found
error', even if I click in the middle of the polygon!

I'm using mapserver 4.0.1 with python scripts

thanks for you help again,
Christoph

Here's the code I'm using:

	lyrCoast = myMap.getLayerByName('Continents')
	try:
		qryPt = pointObj()
		qryPt.x,qryPt.y = xStart,yStart # coords are in pixels
		lyrCoast.queryByPoint(myMap.,qryPt,MS_MULTIPLE,0)
		result = lyrCoast.getResult(0)
		s = shapeObj(lyrCoast.type)
		lyrCoast.open()
		lyrCoast.getShape(s,result.tileindex,result.shapeindex)

Here's the layer in the map file:

	LAYER
		NAME "Continents"
		STATUS DEFAULT