[Mapserver-users] flash output and image folder

James Bjerkholt james at xenomorphic.com
Fri Jan 16 05:55:54 EST 2004

--Apple-Mail-6--693409456

Hi,

I am a newbie trying to accomplish the same thing as you:

> finally, i have been trying to set the imagetype to swf.=A0 mapserver=20=

> creates the swf files but without the labels.=A0 i am using truetype=20=

> fonts and fy fontfile looks correct to me.

Have you specified the "OUTPUTFORMAT" object in the .map file to ".swf"=20=

in addition to setting "IMAGETYPE swf"? You may also have to use a=20
different font format than TrueType. See end of this page:=20
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/FlashMapserverUserDoc.html

> the swf files get created in the map_web_imagepath folder, but are not=20=

> displayed.

If you are trying to access each single map layer independently as=20
source for an embedded flash on your webpage, and this does not work,=20
then I don't know what is wrong. But if you are simply accessing the=20
"main" generated swf-file in your browser, it will display nothing,=20
because that file only contains information about the other swf-files=20
(.map layers). You will need to make a flash file which dynamically=20
loads each map-layer.swf into an empty movie clip in flash after=20

to the other flashfiles among other things)

> i haven't had anyluck setting my map_web_imagepath to anything except=20=

> a hardcoded path like c:inetpub... etc.
> =A0
> is there a trick to using relative paths?

I have also attempted using relative paths - without success. I am also=20=

confused as to what the path should be relative to: the document-root=20
on the webserver? the .mapfile? (seeing as tutorials and other examples=20=

seem to vary) If anyone can share any insight on this it would be much=20=

appreciated.

James

On 9. jan. 2004, at 00.32, jon martin wrote:

> hello,
> =A0
> a couple of newbie questions.
> =A0

--Apple-Mail-6--693409456

Hi,

I am a newbie trying to accomplish the same thing as you:

trying to set the imagetype to swf.=A0 mapserver creates the swf files
but without the labels.=A0 i am using truetype fonts and fy fontfile
looks correct to me.</smaller></fontfamily>

</excerpt>

Have you specified the "OUTPUTFORMAT" object in the .map file to
".swf" in addition to setting "IMAGETYPE swf"? You may also have to
use a different font format than TrueType. See end of this page:
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/FlashMapserverUserDoc.html

created in the map_web_imagepath folder, but are not =
displayed.</smaller></fontfamily>

</excerpt>

If you are trying to access each single map layer independently as
source for an embedded flash on your webpage, and this does not work,
then I don't know what is wrong. But if you are simply accessing the
"main" generated swf-file in your browser, it will display nothing,
because that file only contains information about the other swf-files
(.map layers). You will need to make a flash file which dynamically
loads each map-layer.swf into an empty movie clip in flash after
paths to the other flashfiles among other things)

anyluck setting my map_web_imagepath to anything except a hardcoded
path like c:inetpub... etc.</smaller></fontfamily>

=A0

relative paths?</smaller></fontfamily>

</excerpt>

I have also attempted using relative paths - without success. I am
also confused as to what the path should be relative to: the
document-root on the webserver? the .mapfile? (seeing as tutorials and
other examples seem to vary) If anyone can share any insight on this
it would be much appreciated.

James