[Mapserver-users] Longitude and Latitude positions

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Fri Jan 16 10:33:59 EST 2004

I see.
The place you want to start is 'dynamically adding/displaying points on
a map'.
There is a Lot of discussion on this subject in the archives but there
are also some examples in the wiki which will make a good starting point.
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PerlMapScriptExamples35ex2
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PerlMapScriptExamples35ex14
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PerlMapScriptExamples35ex14
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PerlMapScriptExamples35ex8

The first example allows for dynamically adding points & labels but does
not make the points queryable.
The next two allow for the points to be queried and does not require
that a shapefile be created.
The last one creates a shapefile from the data.
While your final goal sounds like dynamic query without a shapefile you
may want to start at a simpler point and work up to that as the dynamic
query example is very good but does require an understanding of GIS,
MapServer, & MapScript to vizualize what is going on.

HTH

Lowell

The following message was sent by "Todd Birkenholtz"
<TBirkenholtz at fbfs.com> on Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:54:27 -0600.