[Mapserver-users] Geo TIFFs

Jason M. Nielsen jnielsen at aero-graphics.com
Fri Jan 16 13:30:07 EST 2004

Can anyone get the libgeotiff library to compile in order to include GEO TIFF
support in mapserver?

[root at vad3rZIM libgeotiff-1.2.0]# make
gcc -c -O2  -Wall -DCSV_DATA_DIR=\"/usr/local/share/epsg_csv\" -I. -I.
./libxtiff/xtiff.c
libxtiff/xtiff.c:29: parse error before "xtiffFieldInfo"
libxtiff/xtiff.c:29: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of
`xtiffFieldInfo'

I have searched high and low through header file after header file and I still
can find no syntax issues or anything that stands out.

Can I somehow build mapserver against gdal in order to get geo tiff support?

I have it built against it already but Im having problems getting a geo tiff to
display. I have a file that is a JPEG which works perfectly with an associated
.wld file. The jpeg was simply made from the TIFF file. The tiff wether I have a
.wld, .tfw or niether will not display. Just like its oriented incorrectly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jason.