[Mapserver-users] Mapserver Security Issues

Michael Smith msmith at sanangelompo.org
Tue Jan 20 11:10:02 EST 2004

Hi all,

I plan on running Mapserver on a Windows 2003 Server running IIS 6.  What
security issues should be considered for running Mapserver since I assume
many of you are currently hosting Mapserver on your webs.  Does anyone have
and suggestions, considerations, or web sites with any info on this?

One issue my IT dept. suggested was housing my "data" directory outside of
my IIS wwwroot folder...is this a security concern?

Michael Smith, Planner II
City of San Angelo
Planning & Development
325.657.4210 Fax: 325.481.2648