[Mapserver-users] SVG versus Flash

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 20 14:52:02 EST 2004

Hi list,

if you want to use vector-based clients, Mapserver basically has 2 options:

1. use Flash swf output
2. use GML output on the WFS interface and transform this into SVG (xslt)

Can anybody name some strong or weak points of both techniques, and are
there any working implementations out there?

I know there is a very good comparison at:
http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/comparison_flash_svg/

but I am just wondering if anybody has some experience with this choice or
even with both techniques and Mapserver.

Thanks in advance for any input on this.

Best regards,
Bart