[Mapserver-users] get inline features (aka getShape())

Christoph Spoerri spoerri at duke.edu
Wed Jan 21 12:11:16 EST 2004

Hi there,

I was looking for a mapserver developers list, but the web site seemes to be
down, so I decided to post here.

My (solved) problem was to get inline features I added to the map. Later on, I
needed to access those feature for some manipulation and coping. Since, I
wasn't able to use getShape() on the layer with the inline feature, I added
this capability to the getShape() method of the layer 'class'. In addition, I
added a function called getNumFeatures(), which returns the number of inline
features.

I was now wondering, if this functions could/should be added to the mapserver
in general. Is there a need for them? (I had one ;) )

cheers,
Christoph