[Mapserver-users] ZMapServer application online

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Tue Jan 20 12:08:51 EST 2004

> I don't know what will happen if you try to use it with python 2.3, but
> you need to move mapscript.py and _mapscript.pyd to the site-packages
> directory.

FYI - This is what you get if you try this under Python 2.3:

  File "C:\Program
Files\Zope-2.7.0-b3\lib\python\Products\ZMapServer\ZMap.py", line 17, in ?
    from mapscript import *
  File "C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\mapscript.py", line 4, in ?
    import _mapscript
ImportError: Module use of python21.dll conflicts with this version of
Python.

I'll wait until Zmapserver is 2.3 compatible since my zope installation
uses it.  Thanks for the help Michael.

Tyler