[Mapserver-users] Has anyone setup GRASS + Mapserver on Windows 2000 ?

Pericles Nacionales nacional at cbs.umn.edu
Wed Jan 21 15:12:33 EST 2004

Stephen,

See answers to questions below:

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Stephen Clark wrote:

> Perry,
>
> Do you have a link to compile instructions to libgrass for Windows?
> FYI, I have a VC .NET compiler.

No, sorry, I've never compiled libgrass on Windows--either in Cygwin or
with the native compiler.

> Do you know if GDAL 1.1.9 supports grass directly?

According to the GDAL website, it supports reading of GRASS rasters but
not creating/exporting.  See
http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/frmt_grass.html for more info.

> Also is is possible to script some grass commands and make them available
> via the mapserver interface.
> What I am planning on doing is using GRASS to calculate a shortest route via
> some sort of web interface
> and display the results in Mapserver.  Do you know if anyone has tried this?

It sounds like you need to use Mapscript for your project.  Others can
probably give you a better answer to this than me.  How about it list?

You might also get a better answer to this question from the GRASS mailing
list.

> thanks
> Stephen

Ciao!