[Mapserver-users] connection in mapfile to Oracle spatial is not used

Patricia Witte Patricia.Witte at isb-mz.de
Thu Jan 22 04:26:32 EST 2004

Patricia Witte wrote:

> Hi,
> I have successfully run MapServer under IIS 5.0 with some shapefile.
> With a spatial layer i get the error: msDrawMap(): unable to draw layer.
>
> With some onlog-trigger in my database I've shown
> that the connection in the mapfile is not used, there is no logon
> performed.
> I have tried everything I've found in the archive (oci.dll, path,
> ORACLE_HOME).
> Connect through sqlplus is possible.
> Has anyone solved this before?
> Thanks,
> Patricia

Hi List,
.. it only was a problem with permissions in IIS. IIS uses the IUSER_xx to
access
data and had not the permissions to read the folder with oraClient9.dll to
establish
the connection. I used filemon to check what mapserver tried to do and when
I found that access was denied to IUSER_ it was easy to give him the
privileges
and now it works.
Patricia