[Mapserver-users] Re: VirtualSpatialData (OGR Connectiontype)

Julien, Heryk hjulien at nrcan.gc.ca
Thu Jan 22 10:24:17 EST 2004

Hi to all,

I replaced my version of Mapserver with a precompiled one. I also installed
the latest  version of gdal11.dll and ogrinfo from the OpenEV_FW zip.

As suggested by Frank Warmerdam I used the following SrcDataSource tag in
the virtual file:
<SrcDataSource>ODBC:MGWI_MAPSERVER</SrcDataSource>. MGWI_MAPSERVER is the
DSN for my ODBC data source.

Here is the orginfo output:

D:\WebScripts\MapServer>ogrinfo --formats
Loaded OGR Format Drivers:
  -> "ESRI Shapefile" (read/write)
  -> "UK .NTF" (readonly)
  -> "SDTS" (readonly)
  -> "TIGER" (read/write)
  -> "S57" (read/write)
  -> "MapInfo File" (read/write)
  -> "DGN" (read/write)
  -> "VRT" (readonly)
  -> "AVCBin" (readonly)
  -> "REC" (readonly)
  -> "Memory" (read/write)
  -> "GML" (read/write)
  -> "ODBC" (read/write)
  -> "OGDI" (readonly)
  -> "FMEObjects Gateway" (readonly)

D:\WebScripts\MapServer>ogrinfo
D:\webCGCq\lcnp\mapserver_demo\maritimes\data\shp\geo83\mgwi.ovf
ERROR 4: Update access not supported for VRT datasources.
Had to open data source read-only.
INFO: Open of
`D:\webCGCq\lcnp\mapserver_demo\maritimes\data\shp\geo83\mgwi.ovf'
using driver `VRT' successful.
1: MGWI_TBLLOC (Point)

When I execute Mapserver I got the following message:
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'MGWI_TBLLOC'.

msOGRFileOpen(): OGR error. Open failed for OGR connection `mgwi.ovf'. File
not found or unsupported format.

Thanks for the help

Héryk