[Mapserver-users] (newbie): Win32 Apache error when calling Mapserv.exe

Pericles S. Nacionales nacional at cbs.umn.edu
Thu Jan 22 15:16:20 EST 2004

In addition to what Tyler already said, run "mapserv.exe -v" from the command
prompt and see if it returns something like:

MapServer version 4.0.1 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=PDF
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE

If not, something is wrong with your executable.  But then again it could just
be permission problems.  Or perhaps you've locked down your CGI-BIN directory
so that only scripts with certain extensions would run?

By the way, you might want to upgrade your apache to version 1.3.29 or
something.  I think there were some security issues on 1.3.27--not good if
your computer is connected to the rest of this wacky world.

-Perry N.