[Mapserver-users] How to edit?

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Jan 22 17:03:54 EST 2004

I also have an applet. It's not MapServer specific per se, but uses WFS
and WMS to get/create/edit features and the background image. Seems to
work fine. We've used it with a homegrown servlet that talks to SDE.
Still needs a bit of work will XMLing the WFS communication (i.e it
ain't fully compliant) but it's close, and all the code to manage
coordinates (as linked lists of points) is there, as is the display.

Steve

>>> "Wim Blanken (PI)" <wim.blanken at planet.nl> 1/22/2004 1:04:50 PM

Hello Juraj,

I have created an application in which you can digitise points, lines
and polygons with attribute data with Mapserver using CGI mapserver +
javascript + php and finally a little mapscript to write the shapefile.
It works with a slightly changed jbox that gives the user the ability
to use the line tool to create points, lines and polygons.
The coordinates are stored in an array and then passed on to the php
script creating the shapefile.
It works like a charm but i am still testing this but when I am
finished I could send the snippets to you....

W. Blanken
Geon bv
The Netherlands