[Mapserver-users] PHP Mapscript and SDE on Solaris

Ellis Robin Bundaberg Robin.Ellis at nrm.qld.gov.au
Fri Jan 23 01:39:52 EST 2004

Hi List,
	I'm trying to get SDE 8.2 compiled into Mapserver 3.6.3 on Solaris with Apache and PHP 4.2.0, with some limited success. After compiling and making Mapserver with the "--with-sde" commands I get a Mapserver executable that runs OK when accessed directly via CGI. Here's the Version Info output of that executable:

 MapServer version 3.6.3 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=SDE INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

However when I try to access the php_mapscript.so I get this error message:

Warning: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20010901/php_mapscript.so' - ld.so.1: php: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20010901/php_mapscript.so: symbol SE_shape_get_num_parts: referenced symbol not found in /data/data4/WWW/projects/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on line 21

I don't have SDE installed on this server, I have just copied what i think is a complete set of SDE Client Libraries from another server. These are all in a directory accessible to the 'web user', and I have included their location in the Apache httpd.conf. PHP has been compiled with the "-export-dynamic" option, so I don't think this is my problem. PHP is also able to access libpdf.so through this same process, so I think PHP is OK.

Does anybody have any ideas on what I may have done wrong in my configuration? Could I be missing some SDE Client Libraries or perhaps not building these into Mapserver properly? Do I need to install SDE to ensure that all libraries are available? My Mapserver Makefile looks like this at the relevant SDE section:

# ESRI SDE Support. You MUST have the SDE Client libraries and include files
# on your system someplace. The actual SDE server you wish to connect to can
# be elsewhere.
SDE=	  -DUSE_SDE
SDE_LIB=  -L/usr/local/lib/sde82 -lsde82 -lpe82 -lsg82 -lpthread -lsocket -ldl -lrt
SDE_INC=  -I/usr/local/lib/sde82

When I run a 'ldd -d' on my php_mapscript.so I get this output (followed by a lot more errors than I will not include here):

 ldd -d php_mapscript.so
        libpq.so.2 =>    /usr/local/lib/libpq.so.2
        libgdal.1.1.so =>        /usr/local/lib/libgdal.1.1.so
        libproj.so.0 =>  /usr/local/lib/libproj.so.0
        libtiff.so =>    /usr/openwin/lib/libtiff.so
        libfreetype.so.6 =>      /usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so.6
        libpng.so.3 =>   /usr/local/lib/libpng.so.3
        libgd.so.2 =>    /usr/local/lib/libgd.so.2
        libm.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libm.so.1
        libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
        libresolv.so.2 =>        /usr/lib/libresolv.so.2
        libnsl.so.1 =>   /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1
        libsocket.so.1 =>        /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1
        libXpm.so.4 =>   /usr/openwin/lib/libXpm.so.4
        libX11.so.4 =>   /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.so.4
        libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
        libmp.so.2 =>    /usr/lib/libmp.so.2
        libXext.so.0 =>  /usr/openwin/lib/libXext.so.0
        symbol not found: SE_shape_get_num_parts                (./php_mapscript.so)

Your assisstance is appreciated

Regards

Rob

Robin Ellis
Information & Knowledge
Department of Natural Resources and Mines
PO Box 1167
Bundaberg QLD 4670
ph +61 7 4131 5771
fax +61 7 4131 5823
Robin.Ellis at nrm.qld.gov.au

and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.
computer system network.