[Mapserver-users] savequery

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Fri Jan 23 11:38:13 EST 2004

Richie Pierce wrote:

>Thanks, I figured it out.  I was passing a savequery=true in my initial
>page.  And also had one in my landing page.  I suspected that it was
>over writing the original one and when I removed it, it works fine now.
>It did get me to another problem.
>
>  When I turn on a layer after I run the first query.  How can I make
>that layer visible all the time.  Is it possible to use check boxes
>instead of a layer list like the demo uses without having to do a lot of
>PHP coding?

It would probably be best to start a new thread with a new subject line
for this question.

If you want a layer to ALWAYS be on, simply set the status=default in
your .map file.

If you want to use check boxes, check out the documentation for HTML
legends, they are pretty slick.

And lastly, you probably would not code check boxes with PHP unlesss you
were using PHP MapScript, because PHP is a server language. Since you
are using CGI, you would manage your check boxes on the client (browser)
side with JavaScript.

Regards,

--
Richard Greenwood