[Mapserver-users] Label mindistance not working for me

Matthew Haines mhaines94108 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 25 21:15:31 EST 2004

I'm having trouble with label mindistance.  I have set it, but my labels
still collide.  What exactly is the equality comparison used?  Is it a text
comparison of the label names?  My data file has a different line segment
for each block on the street.  If the map is zoomed to show eight blocks, I
get eight labels.  A few extra labels is okay, but not when they are all on
top of each other.

Adding or removing BUFFER, MINDISTANCE, and MINFEATURESIZE all don't seem to
change the output map, which has identical labels stacked to the point of
illegibility.

Matthew

LAYER
	NAME "bk_streets"
	CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
	CONNECTION "data/streets/lion03C/bklion.tab"
	MAXSCALE 6000
	STATUS DEFAULT
	FORCE TRUE
	TYPE LINE